LinkedIn (s lnkd) has released its second-annual ranking of the startups that Silicon Valley engineers most want to work for, and enterprise IT carried the day. Hadoop and flash storage seem especially hot, with Cloudera topping the list. However, the rankings (assuming they really do say what they purport to say) might suggest more about where seasoned engineers think they can cash in on an acquisition or IPO than they do about what technologies engineers really want to work on.
Here’s the list in its entirety, along with anecdotal evidence to support my claim:
- Cloudera (hired new CEO, has raised boatloads of money and talking IPO)
- Dropbox (has raised boatloads of money and is talking IPO)
- Violin Memory (has raised boatloads of money and talking IPO)
- Nimble Storage (has raised boatloads of money and talking IPO)
- Hortonworks (has raised quite a bit of money
View original post 445 more words